Socio-Legal Perspective of Live-in-Relationship in India
10 Pages Posted: 13 Sep 2011
Date Written: September 12, 2011
1) The article deals with the issue of live in relationship which is very common these days.
However law on this issue is not clear in India. There are many questions that need to be answered. Marriage, whether considered as a contract or sacrament, confers a status of husband and wife on the parties to the marriage, of legitimacy on the children of the marriage, and gives rise to certain spousal mutual rights and obligations of spouses.
2) The objective of this article is to critically analyze the rights guaranteed to female live in partners along with the rights of child born out of such relationships. If live in relationships are recognized prima facie then it may implicitly promote bigamy. The rights of women in live in relationship is not certain, the article focused on the rights of women in such relationship.
3) To analyse the socio-legal aspect of Live in relationship
4) To study the Judicial approach towards live in relationship
5) To study the status of live in relationship in other countries.
6) To make recommendations.
Suggested Citation: Suggested Citation