Higher Education Institutions at the Romanian-Hungarian Border Prior to the War: Academy of Law Oradea
Cross-Border Partnership: with Special Regard to the Hungarian – Romanian – Ukrainian Tripartite Border, University of Oradea Press, 2010, p. 89-94
6 Pages Posted: 6 Mar 2013
Date Written: 2010
Oradea, an important cultural, economic and administrative town at the western border of Romania, is known as an academic center since 1780 through its area of operation for over two centuries of the Academy of Law. The Romanian age of higher education institutions has proven to be a step in regaining the status of high school like the other existing universities in the country between the wars. The abolition of the Academy and its merger with the Faculty of Law of the University of Cluj, in 1934, was a great loss for the city of Oradea, the values gathered during more that two centuries of high school, representing a solid fundament for the academic education, from this part of the country, after the second world war.
Keywords: Oradea, the inter-war period, law academies
JEL Classification: I20, I22, I28, K00, N34, N44, Z00
Suggested Citation: Suggested Citation