Modern Media Education Models
Acta Didactica Napocensia, Volume 4, Number 1, 2011
10 Pages Posted: 1 Jul 2015
Date Written: June 28, 2015
The author supposed that media education models can be divided into the following groups:
- educational-information models (the study of the theory, history, language of media culture, etc.), based on the cultural, aesthetic, semiotic, socio-cultural theories of media education;
- educational-ethical models (the study of moral, religions, philosophical problems relying on the ethic, religious, ideological, ecological, protectionist theories of media education;
- pragmatic models (practical media technology training), based on the uses and gratifications and ‘practical’ theories of media education;
- aesthetical models (aimed above all at the development of the artistic taste and enriching the skills of analysis of the best media culture examples). Relies on the aesthetical (art and cultural studies theory);
- socio-cultural models (socio-cultural development of a creative personality as to the perception, imagination, visual memory, interpretation analysis, autonomic critical thinking), relying on the cultural studies, semiotic, ethic models of media education.
Keywords: media education models, media competence, media literacy, educational-information models, educational-ethical models, pragmatic models, aesthetical models, socio-cultural models.
Suggested Citation: Suggested Citation