Cost Planning Model of Urban Infrastructure for Sustainable Cities (Research on Martapura City, Banjar Regency, Kalimantan Selatan Province)
18 Pages Posted: 15 Jul 2016
Date Written: May 30, 2016
The purpose of this research is:
(1) identify and analyze the factors that affect the cost planning of urban infrastructure in the conceptual phase, considering economic, social and ecological aspects;
(2) analyze and construct optimum cost planning model of urban infrastructure towards sustainable cities; and
(3) analyze the sustainability of cities through the management of infrastructure, considering economic, social and environment aspects.
The methodology in this research is quantitative descriptive method. The model was built by the method of analysis with Operations Research (Linier Programming), Analysis Sensitivity, and Dual Price analysis. Unit cost analysis method adapted to the necessary variables, such as the City Hierarchy analysis, Streeter-Phelps Equation, the Cost of Illness Approach, and Benefit Cost Analysis. The data collected was secondary data and primary data. The results showed:
(1) The factors that influence the cost of urban infrastructure development are economic infrastructure, social infrastructure and environmental infrastructure, particularly the role of BOD-DO in the rivers.
(2) The cost planning model of urban infrastructure for river-based city more efficient 10.79% then conventional model.
(3) When urban development budget has been optimized, and considered aspects of sustainability, it is possible other activities budgeted for the reduction of urban environmental pollution and improve public health and income of the community, as a model application of the environmental, social, and economic aspects towards sustainable cities.
Theoretical implication of this research is "to achieve sustainable cities, improvement of the city finance capability is an absolute effort, by optimizing the city budget based on the cost planning of urban infrastructure is integrated in urban planning, and consider environmental, social, and economic aspects".
The results showed that the analysis of the availability of adequate urban infrastructure affects the increase of regional economic development. Therefore, the cost planning model of urban infrastructure obtained can be used for the management of urban infrastructure policy, towards sustainable cities. The cost planning model of urban infrastructure are constructed consider the environment aspect through the management of river pollution on the river-based city. In addition, the concept of urban planning based on this study using a comprehensive approach that integrates cost planning, development planning, and spatial planning toward sustainable cities.
Keywords: cost planning, urban infrastructures, river, sustainable cities
Suggested Citation: Suggested Citation