The Impact of Internet Intermediary Liability
89 Pages Posted: 22 Apr 2017 Last revised: 10 Apr 2020
Date Written: April 17, 2008
To consider look at the effects of legal liability as it pertains to Internet Intermediaries. Such examples would include defamation and copyright violations on ISP's where a subscriber has breached their legal obligations as well as the hosting of illicit materials (such as child porn).
In carrying out my project my aim is to:
1. Analyse English law as it relates to Internet Intermediary liability
2. Review the current cases
3. Consider the opinions of practitioners, academics, the Law Commission and the press/public
4. Analyse reforms/proposals for reform in other jurisdictions and the changes to the EU and the consequential effects that this will have on Internet Intermediaries.
5. Suggest how, if reform is needed, this should be effected
6. Detail the Impact of Internet Intermediary Liability across different groups and the economy
Keywords: Internet Intermediary Liability
Suggested Citation: Suggested Citation