Social Programming in the Context of Stimulating Social Activity and Regulation of Social Development Through Active Policies
Social programming in the context of stimulating social activity and regulation of social development through active policies: monograph/ 1st edition. – Vienna: “East West” Association for Advances Studies and Higher Education GmbH, 2015. ISBN 978-3-903063-47-1
222 Pages Posted: 23 Aug 2017
Date Written: July 30, 2015
The object of the scientific research is social programming, social activity and social adaptation as a basis of active social policy and effective social management in a dynamic social environment.
The aim of the studies in this paper is the creation and verification of a theory of active social policies for a working active labor market, which should serve as a basis for the practical implementation of the system for effective social management in the dynamically changing social environment.
We believe that the theory of active social policies should meet the following requirements:
• to systematize theoretical research works and best practices in the management field and to generate new knowledge concerning social management in the changing social environment;
• to not allow logical and formal contradictions in the statements, principles, approaches and management models of the social policies;
• to be justified, provable, verifiable, reliable, relevant and reliable;
• to be generally valid to a sufficient extent and to be used for the formation of a functioning labor market in an environment of dynamic changes and resource constraints;
• to enable the increase of the efficiency and the generation of benefits from the transformation of resources in social skills in the implementation of competitive advantage for achieving the objectives of the social management.
Achieving the objective of this study is implemented through solving the following private research and development tasks:
1. Study and assessment of the effectiveness of social programming as a basis for socio-economic regulation.
2. Analysis of social activity as a basis for building a functioning labor market and creation of a process model for active labor market, compatible with the challenges of the changes in the social environment and European integration processes.
3. Exploring the possibilities of the social adaptation as an element of the active social policies and the development of models for social adaptation based on the management of competency and competence.
The thesis of this paper is based on the research and analysis of social programming and social activity to develop a reliable and useful process model of a functioning active labor market, to create a national program for successful social adaptation of the discharged from the Bulgarian army service persons and the members of their families, based on the management of competency and competence through the applicability of traditional and specific approaches for the assessment of social and economic efficiency of social programming.
The scope of the research targets is: theoretical and experimental; temporal: 2000–2014; management levels: national and regional; scope: social programming policy, social activity and social adaptation; conceptual apparatus: the range of the used means of expression (people, personalities, human resources, employees, employers) has been used in the sense of human resources and their management as part of the resource management; resources: material, financial, human, informational resources; causes and effects: depending on the dynamics of the social environment, “Europe 2020”, the Convergence Program of the Republic of Bulgaria 2014–2017, the European Structural Funds.
For greater specificity and significance of the paper, the studies have been carried out under certain permissible restrictions. They are caused by the multi-aspect character of the social programming, social activity and the process of adaptation. For the purposes of this work, the focus is on the effectiveness of the social programs, the transformations in the labor market in the pre-accession period and after the country’s accession to the euro structures, the social adaptation of service persons, discharged from military service. The information basis of the analytical calculations concerning the social adaptation of service persons, discharged from military service is limited to the period 2000–2004, due to missing statistics in subsequent periods on their social adaptation. The regulations of the studied issues are aligned as of the end of 2014. The process model for a functioning active labor market is limited to the “Labor offices” directorates and the Employment agency. The specific technology of social adaptation of service persons, discharged from military service is limited to the technology of socio-pedagogical and socio-psychological adaptation and the technology of rehabilitation training/retraining. The model for assessment of the competence in carrying out the selection of a free job position as part of the program for social adaptation of service persons discharged from military service, has been developed on grounds of key competence when entering the system, without specifying the specific skills for a particular job position.
The used research methods for solving the tasks in achieving the set objective are classified into two groups:
• theoretical methods: systematic, economic and managerial approaches, interdisciplinary approaches, the approach for social programming; risk theory, probability theory, tools of mathematical modeling, system analysis and synthesis, comparison, specification, generalization, induction and deduction, theory of process management and other known social and scientific methods and tools;
• empirical methods: observation, measurement, expert assessment, predicting, data processing using mathematical and statistical methods and methods of the probability theory, Excel, etc. In order to facilitate the use and the clear illustration, the obtained final results (charts, graphs, statistical and graphical interpretation of the studies) are indicated in a completed form.
Keywords: Social Policy; Social programming; Social management
JEL Classification: J01; J08
Suggested Citation: Suggested Citation