Information for Submitting to Specialty Law Reviews and Journals in Gender, Women & Sexuality
17 Pages Posted: 7 Jun 2019 Last revised: 19 Jun 2019
Date Written: June 17, 2019
The following materials, modeled after the chart prepared by Professor Allen Rostron and Professor Nancy Levit at the University of Missouri Kansas City School of Law, and after my Information for Submitting to Online Law Review Companions, contains information about twenty-nine (29) U.S.-based law reviews and journals classified under the subject “Gender, Women and Sexuality” by the Washington & Lee Law Journal Rankings (here) and five (5) additional journals that contain the word “gender” in their title, but that are not listed in the Washington & Lee Law Journal Rankings. Within each category (W&L-ranked journals, then non-ranked journals) journals are listed in the order of the “rank” of the school, if any (as determined by the most recent US News overall ranking, not because that system merits endorsement, but because it is convenient). Specifically, the chart derives from the journals’ websites the following information:
• Name of the specialty journal
• Word count limitation, if any
• Preferred submission method
• Whether articles from online journal are included in HeinOnline’s Law Journal Library
• Other information of possible interest to authors
• US News ranking of affiliated school, if any
• W&L Law Journal Ranking within category of “Gender, Women and Sexuality,” by “combined” score for 2017 (most recent year available).
For further information concerning the rankings of the journals and their associated law schools, please consult the source of your choosing. Many colleagues find the Washington & Lee law review rankings website helpful. The author welcomes corrections and additions to this chart.
Keywords: law review, legal scholarship, submission guide, gender, women, sexuality
JEL Classification: K1, K10, K19, K39
Suggested Citation: Suggested Citation