Payments Providers and Intermediaries as Defined in the Law of the Internet
14 Pages Posted: 21 Aug 2019
Date Written: October 30, 2007
To consider look at the effects of legal liability as it pertains to Internet Intermediaries. Such examples would include defamation and copyright violations on ISP's where a subscriber has breached their legal obligations as well as the hosting of illicit materials (such as child porn).
In carrying out my project my aim is to:
1. Analyse English law as it relates to Internet Intermediary liability.
2. Review the current cases.
3. Consider the opinions of practitioners, academics, the Law Commission and the press/public.
4. Analyse reforms/proposals for reform in other jurisdictions and the changes to the EU and the consequential effects that this will have on Internet Intermediaries.
5. Suggest how, if reform is needed, this should be effected.
6. Detail the Impact of Internet Intermediary Liability across different groups and the economy.
Keywords: Internet intermediaries, payments
Suggested Citation: Suggested Citation