Advanced Energy-Saving Technology of Granular Nitrate-Containing NPK-Fertilizers
6 Pages Posted: 30 Jun 2020
Date Written: June 22, 2020
There was developed the technology of granular balanced nitrate-containing NPK-fertilizers 16-16-16 and 17-17-17.
Key features of the proposed technology are:
- Joint ammoniation of a mixture of nitric and phosphoric acids to a molar ratio of NH3:H3PO4 1.4÷1.5 and complete-ammoniation in Ammoniatior-Granulator drum to 1.65÷1.8.
- Due to more efficient use of acid neutralization heat, the fluent slurry is obtained with low moisture content required for granulation.
Ammoniation of a mixture of nitric and phosphoric acids at higher molar ratio makes it possible to exclude the possibility of acidification of ammonium nitrate, which causes the process of self-accelerating decomposition.
The production of fertilizer grades with an increased molar ratio in the product have the following advantages:
- higher degree of WPA neutralization to a molar ratio of NH3:H3PO4 of 1.65÷1.8 mol / mol allows to reduce the consumption of nitric acid and to exclude the stage of forced evaporation of nitrate slurry and the stage of ammonium nitrate melt preparation;
- the cost of NPK-fertilizers with a lower content of ammonium nitrate is lower due to partial substitution of the nitrate nitrogen for ammonia nitrogen.
- improvement of physical and chemical properties of the final product due to reduction of nitrate nitrogen content,
- thermal stability of the obtained nitrate-containing NPK-fertilizers with an increased molar ratio in the product 1.65÷1.8;
- flexibility to obtain a broad range of NPK-fertilizer grades.
Keywords: NPK-fertilizers; ammonium nitrate; nitrate-containing; Ammoniatior-Granulator; thermal stability; NIUIF
Suggested Citation: Suggested Citation