The Five Essential Steps To Sustainable Viability
88 Pages Posted: 9 Mar 2022 Last revised: 1 Apr 2022
Date Written: December 10, 2018
The more we proceed with the transition towards a de-carbonised world, so more and more do we need to innovate at a system level.
To flourish, sustainability must orientate from being process-obsessed to outcome-focused.
Currently all is disconnected.
The Five Essential Steps to Sustainable Viability sets out to show the myriad of interdependent connections between environmental and social impacts and their conspiring risks and costs on your balance sheet. To visualise the impact of and between decisions. Deep analysis of these connections reveals your entity's ability to capture, create and deliver more value and serve customers – indeed, all stakeholders reliant upon the success of your organisation - better.
Sustainable Viability (SV) shows a clear path how to expand your Decision Space as far as possible – to open all the possible options that should be assessed and to identify all the factors that may impact upon a decision; to identify as many unknowns and unintended consequences as possible.
Through practical examples readers will learn the basics how to identify current and future environmental challenges and socio-economic shifts that are changing the role of business, Government and institutions in society alike. In applying three-dimensional systems thinking over time, SV will show you how to:
• Shift thinking towards achievable zero emissions
• Move away from single data points to release greater economic performance
• Visualise cross functional impacts that destroy value
• Reveal value cycles across whole systems
• Turn waste streams into profit centres
• Integrate new wisdom into financial and management systems
• Understand the changing face of Enterprise Risk Management to forecast opportunity
Keywords: Sustainability, Viability, Systems Thinking, Sphere Economy
JEL Classification: A13, A31, A33, P28
Suggested Citation: Suggested Citation